History & Mission
About the Waukesha Choral Union
The Waukesha Choral Union has been musically active in the community for over 60 years. Originally a combination of the Carroll College student chorus and community singers named the Waukesha Choral Society in 1949, the group became the Town and Gown in 1961 and the Waukesha Choral Union in 1974, taking its present form as an auditioned choir in 1978. Over the years, the Waukesha Choral Union has developed a reputation for excellent choral music performances in southeast Wisconsin.
Adhering to our educational mission, we have collaborated with Carroll University choirs, with music groups from Waukesha South, Waukesha North, Kettle Moraine, Muskego, Hartford Union, and New Berlin Eisenhower High Schools, Waukesha Children’s Chorus, Lake Country Children's Choir and choirs from Southminster Presbyterian, Evangelical and Reformed United Church of Christ, St. Catherine's of Alexandria and Our Savior's Lutheran ELCA. We’re proud to have shared the stage with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, the Milwaukee Choristers, Jubilate Chorale and Bel Canto Chorus.
Mission Statement (New: April 2018)
The Waukesha Choral Union pursues artistic excellence through a variety of musical programming. The WCU challenges, enriches and educates its members, audiences and community. The Chorus also impacts the community through collaboration with area schools, youth choral groups, and local arts organizations in Waukesha County.